GoPro Settings for Spearfishing
BIG chat with YouTube Spearfishing superstar Daniel Mann:) This episode is a huge deep dive into making spearfishing videos with GoPros.We chat the most effective settings to pump into your GoPro, editing system and thought process including which programs you can use. Sprinkled throughout this chat is a tonne of tips and value for the aspiring film-maker. Below are important time event stamps as well as products, videos and other resources shared in this chat. Enjoy! and cheers to Dan for the 2 hour effort and edit!
GoPro Settings for Spearfishing Time Stamps
1:00 PAL Settings | Frame Rates | USA Standard Settings NTSC vs PAL
Preferences > Region > PAL
24:00 Resolution 2.7K vs 4K vs every other option (2.7K won)
28:30 Frame Rates 50 FPS
32:40 Field of View | Linear vs Wide | Linear
34:30 Auto Stabilization On | HyperSmooth
38:30 Protune ON
39:20 Shutter | AUTO
41:05 EV COMP | 0 or -.5 in good light conditions
43:45 White Balance | NATIVE
45:50 ISO Min and Max Values 100 and 400 respectively
46:20 Sharp | Medium or Low (Sharpen in Post)
48:20 COLOR | GoPro
50:00 RAW Audio | Mics | PT Settings leave off, Auto
53:00 EDITING FILMS
- Creating a proxy version in a lower resolution version and when you export the file it creates an edited version in the desired (higher) resolution.
56:00 Video Editing Software OPTIONS
- Adobe Premier Pro
- DaVinci Resolve
- Sony Vegas Pro
- Final Cut Pro
62:30 the other Applications Dan Uses
65:00 Toilet Break/Off on a Tangent
71:10 Dan’s Editing Setup and System. Editing Drive aka Scratch Disc
92:00 Fast Tips for GoPro
- Full VIDEO interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK1Zj7PoMDA
- Accessories for GoPro Video Guide https://youtu.be/skwzD2akvWQ
- Daniel’s Cod Video in Denmark https://youtu.be/O3Rnam7n-qQ
- Nick Fry YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiSIMW0lgfcMMcKvYOdklQ
- Daniel Mann on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/daniel___mann/
- Young Bloods YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/brodiemoss
- Submerged Psychos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm1W4n4f_ED3QWOK0TIO2Dg
- SpearHeads TV https://www.youtube.com/user/spearheadstv
- Richard Leonard Interview http://www.noobspearo.com/noob-spearo-podcast/nsp003-richard-snoek-leonard/
- Darren Shields Interview http://www.noobspearo.com/noob-spearo-podcast/darren-shields/
- Michael Takach and Jessie Cripps Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53zwEDTOrpY
- Justin Lee Interview https://youtu.be/xWiSGPegn6w
- Daniel Manns GoPro Headstrap Setup Video https://youtu.be/UF6g5O33rZI
EQUIPMENT MENTIONED (Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Daniel Mann’s Panasonic VLOG Camera https://amzn.to/2XgWNT6
- Highly DJI Portable Drone https://amzn.to/2LussJW
- Ninepin Wetsuits https://ninepinwetsuits.com.au/
- Grants Guide to Fishes http://www.grantsguidetofishes.com/
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.