Interview with Adam Malski
This interview is jam packed with good info for any spearo wanting to do their first bluewater spearfishing trip. Adam Malski prepared a tonne of info just for this chat several months after getting back from his first Coral Sea Spearfishing trip (watch highlights here). Adam is a Sydney based, North Shore Underwater Club member with a down to earth nature and a lifelong learner mentality. Listen in!
06:00 Who is Adam Malski?
12:50 Adam Malski has competed at high levels in Triathalons, Running, Boxing, Mountain Biking and others. I ask him what skills have crossed over into spearfishing.
17:38 North Shore Underwater Club and Sydney Diving
19:00 What is one of the biggest lessons you have learned in your spearfishing journey so far?
24:00 Veterans Vault | First Timers Guide for Blue Water Spearfishing Charters
- What went into the planning phase of the trip?
- What equipment did you decide on?
- How do the Dories operate?
- How do you work effectively as a team and dive buddy on a bluewater charter?
- How do you plan which grounds to fish?
- What are common issues first timers experience blue water hunting?
- Dogtooth Tuna tips for first timers
55:00 What is your favourite species to hunt, how do you find them and how do you hunt them effectively?
59:50 Toughest Situation Spearfishing? Sydney Blackout (Video Here)
68:00 What’s in your spearfishing dive bag?
75:00 Spearo Q&A
- Connect with Adam Malski on YouTube | Facebook
- Eat What You Kill Facebook Group
- Noob Spearo Community on Facebook
- Colorado Spearfishing Access Issue Mentioned
“Hey all, If you haven’t had a chance to jump in and help with the effort to expand spearfishing opportunity, now is your chance! And we really need your help with this one.
In a recent public hearing the proposal was met with opposition from the angling community who have cited two (2) main areas of concern:
- Spearfisherman disproportionately catch & kill trophy sized fish (there are only ~ 50 active spearfisherman in the state so we are outnumbered 10,000 to 1 by anglers)
- We are unable to judge the size of fish underwater before shooting.
My contact at the CPW has requested that spearo’s send him an email at [email protected] stating support for the proposed regulation. In order for him to more easily organize the emails, we are suggesting you use the following template and address the two bullet points above in the statement of support section if possible:”
Hello Mr. Nehring,
- Statement of support:
Noob Spearo Partners + Promotions
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout – Flat shipping rate, especially in AUS!
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world. International subscription available!
- Penetrator Fins Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $25 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30-day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- KillShot Spearguns | Simple, Effective, Dependable Wooden Spearguns. Use the Code NOOB to save:)
- Immersion Online freediving classes | 28-day Freediving Transformation |Equalization Masterclass – Roadmap to Frenzel | Free Courses | Freediving Safety Course | How to Take a 25-30% Bigger Breath!
- How To Freedive | The 5 minute Freediver | Break the 10 Meter Barrier – Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $
- Noob Spearo MAD GEAR | ‘Spearo Dad’ | ‘Girls with Gills’ | ‘Jobfish Tribute’