Interviews from The Eastern Voyager
Today’s episode is a special one! It features interviews done while out on the Adreno Capricorn Bunker Trip, a 1 week spearfishing charter on the Great Barrier Reef aboard the Eastern Voyager! Join some of the legends from Adreno like Wayne Judge and Taylor Slattery along with the familiar voice of Trevor Ketchion and some actual Noob Spearos as they discuss plans, expectations and goals for the trip. This is a great opportunity and one of the easiest spearfishing charters you can get – hot showers, great food and priceless advice and guidance from legendary spearos, we highly recommend doing this trip! Book your own trip here! As always, a massive thanks to Adreno for making this trip so memorable!
- 00:13 Intro
- 02:56 PADI Level 1 Course
- 09:45 Welcome to the Eastern Voyager! Introducing Adreno legend Wayne Judge and Noob Spearos Ryan, Jack and Jordy
- 13:31 Wayne, what is the plan for this trip?
- 14:00 We are going spearfishing, not freediving
- 17:03 How is everyone feeling about the trip?
- 18:22 Great advice from Wayne
- 21:28 Hunting: find the fish’s weakness
- 23:20 We have some great conditions here
- 24:08 What goals do you have for this trip?
- 26:10 Frenzel or Valsalva?
- 32:55 Questions for Wayne: How do I prepare for that first dive?
- 34:17 How much weight should I use?
- 35:50 Sharks: When do we get out of the water?
- 40:58 How do you stop the urge to breathe?
- 44:24 How long should I be recovering for?
- 48:21 Diving with more experienced spearos
- 50:40 Part 2
- 51:53 Day 3: Taylor, How has it been so far?
- 52:54 Trevor is hitting his prime!
- 53:26 Fish of the trip?
- 55:03 Luke
- 56:44 Ryan shooting his first fish ever!
- 59:00 My first Blackspot Tuskfish and Spangled Emperors
- 01:01:52 How has the boat been? Good meals and hot showers are excellent
- 01:03:04 The Queen of Content: Amy!
- 01:07:57 Trevor Ketchion vs Daniel Mann: Most underrated fish
- 01:11:08 What struggles have you had?
- 01:13:00 What are your goals for the rest of the trip? Shoot a trout! How are you going to do it?
- 01:16:51 Being a good boaty
- 01:21:14 Trevor’s advice
- 01:23:20 Safe buddy diving
- 01:26:16 Taylor’s boaty advice
- 01:31:14 What goals do you all want to achieve on the last few days?
- 01:33:24 Coronation trout
- 01:36:46 Trevor, what are you hoping to achieve?
- 01:38:02 Outro
Listen in and subscribe on iOS or Android https://link.chtbl.com/Download_This_Episode
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout – Flat shipping rate, especially in AUS!
- Neptonics Spearfishing and Freediving – Use the code NOOB10 to save 10% off anything store-wide. Free Shipping on USA orders over $99
- Get 20% OFF @manscaped + Free Shipping with promo code NOOBSPEARO at MANSCAPED.com! #ad #manscapedpod
- KillShot Spearguns | Simple, Effective, Dependable Wooden Spearguns. Use the Code NOOB to save $30 on any speargun:)
- Adam Sterns FreedivingFamily.com use the code SPEARO to get 20% off any course and the code NOOBSPEARO to get 40% off any and all courses!
- Penetrator Fins Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $25 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- Immersion Online freediving classes | 28-day Freediving Transformation (CODE: NOOB28 for 15% off) | Equalization Masterclass – Roadmap to Frenzel | Free Courses | Freediving Safety Course | How to Take a 25-30% Bigger Breath!
- How To Freedive | The 5 minute Freediver | Break the 10 Meter Barrier – Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $
- Old Man Blue | Wickedly tough and well thought out gear! Check out their Lobster Bag HERE
- Noob Spearo MAD GEAR | ‘Spearo Dad’ | ‘Girls with Gills’ | ‘Jobfish Tribute’
- The Best Place to Find Fishing Buddies and Fishing Trips | Fishing Trips (fishingtripsapp.com)
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world. International subscription available!
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30-day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing