Interview with Ole Johannes Duerlolimi and Gil Orr
Arctic Spearfishing Norway
‘Big laughs, huge Halibut and ginormous tips for coldwater spearfishing’ pretty much sums up this interview. Gil and Ole from Arctic Spearfishing were a tonne of fun and I really enjoyed this chat. The couple live in the North of Norway and dive pristine waters chasing amazing critters like Lumpsucker, King Crabs and Wolf-Fish. Subscribe to the Podcast on your app and get the latest Noob Spearo Podcast episodes as soon as they release:) Enjoy!
Special Shoutouts: Ole “Axel Schuller is the guy I started spearing with and he’s also the most active person in the Arctic Spearfishing business. As well as him, Sebastian Siwam Wada and Joel Burman are also a critical part of the crew.”
00:00 Intro: Mentioned;
- Connect with Ole and Gil at Arctic Spearfishing on Instagram and Facebook and YouTube
- Connect with the Newcastle Neptunes Spearfishing Club on Facebook | 60th Australian Pacific Coast Spearfishing Championships
- Follow FreedivingDan on Instagram
- Find the Central Coast Sealions on Facebook
06:42 Welcome to Gil and Ole (shoutout to Rachel from Brisbane Bullsharks)
20:00 How to stay warm spearfishing in cold climates (mentioned Dan Manns video tips to stay warm spearfishing)
24:00 Arctic Spearfishing Norway | Target Species
- Sate Coalfish
- Pollock (in the South)
- Anglerfish (Monkfish)
- Scallops | Kingcrab | Truffle Kelp | Sea Snails | Mussells (North Atlantic Algal Bloom Testing Website)
35:00 Hunting techniques for different species
44:00 Ole’s background and passion for the ocean
48:00 Toughest situation speafishing | Zodiac love
69:00 Gill’s best Halibut story
74:00 Ole’s best Halibut story (Full world record Halibut video here)
82:00 Spearo Q&A
- Single best piece of spearfishing advice
- If you had to start spearfishing all over again, what would you do differently?
- Who is the best person to go spearfishing with and why?
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trialhere. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing or James Nestors ‘Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science, and what the ocean tells us about ourselves’ free
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world. Email email@example.com for a super deal for downunder spearos (Australia/New Zealand/South Africa)
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here. Check out the latest in spearfishing fin technology
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
Sign up for ‘The Floater’ – Shrek and Turbo’s email newsletter here
Join the Noob Spearo Community on Facebook
Support Noob Spearo on Patreon!