Spearfishing from boats can be a huge step for spearo’s who didn’t grow up around boats. There is a lot to learn including etiquette, basic terminology, entering and exiting the boats, emergency equipment, being a good boatie, essential knots, equipment stowage, radio operation and more! Here are a few blog posts and podcast episodes that cover different aspects of Boating for Spearfishing. This list continues to grow so bookmark this guide!
- Getting out spearfishing on other peoples boats, Do’s & Dont’s. Listen into this audio interview with Trevor Ketchion [PODCAST]
- or this interview with Author of Guide to Getting Started Spearfishing, Doug Peterson. [PODCAST]
- Radio Operators and First Aid Course summary – solid takeaways for spearfishing boaties
- Boating Near Miss (props) and Another Spearfishing Boating Accident story
- The benefits of spearfishing from a boat with Niall Cameron
- Dealing with Seasickness [BLOG]