2 Part Monster!
101 Dry Training for Spearfishing + Cris Dillon Spearjunkies Update
This epiode is a bit different. The first 30 minutes are all about improving your breath-hold using dry training. The second half of the show is a Cris Dillon Spearjunkies Update. These guys are travelling the world seeking 12 species that many of us can only dream about encountering. If you have trouble getting in the water at least a few times a week, then you will take some practical information out of the dry training section to improve your breath-hold. We can all do with more stoke factor and Cris from the Spearjunkies crew never fails to deliver with his stories, this time from adventures in Madagascar and Panama. Listen in!
Interview Time Stamps (Full Dry Training Guide for Spearfishing here)
4:00 Dry Training for Spearfishing
5:00 Why would people consider dry training for improving their spearfishing performance
5:50 Can you increase your breath-hold using dry training?
7:10 Technique: The Turtle Walk. What is it and how do you do it?
9:45 The Couch Potato. Using advert breaks to train your breath-hold. Deep Spearfishing’s ‘Dive, Hold, Shoot series’
11:45 The Full Breath
13:30 What are CO2 tables and how do you use them?
16:30 What are O2 tables and how do you use them?
17:40 What is VO2 max training and how is relevant for spearfishing?
19:45 What are some good tools, apps and books for learning more about dry training for spearfishing?
23:40 What are some useful courses and programs to get some specific outcomes for spearfishing (Use code NOOBSPEARO to save)
- 10 Meter (30 Feet) Freediver
- 5 Minute Freediver
- How to improve your breath hold for spearfishing Video by Aquatic Rehab
Cris Dillon Spearjunkies Update
30:00 Where did you go in Panama? What were the target species and who did you go with? (Enrique Untiedt Panama Spearfishing guide)
View this post on Instagram
Shot this awesome fish in Panama episode of SpearJunkies. Fish tail walked and pulled me 500m underwater at times to 10m. Thanks to @enriqueuntiedt for killshot. No Roosterfish around but this is a special fish to me . We donated to the army base who were thrilled 😄 . . #spearfishing #spearfish #spearfishing_international #spearfishing_reviews #fishingtrip #fishingdaily #pamama #spearfishingpanama
42:20 Where did you go in Madagascar? What were the target species? How did you guys go?
- Dogtooth Tuna
- Giant Trevally
- Sailfish (See the sailfish attack video here)
What have you learned with regards to travelling with spearfishing equipment?
- What to pack?
- How many spearguns should you take?
View this post on Instagram
My first doggie. These fish really earn your respect and fight to the death with unbelievable strength. This beauty was shot at 25m and luckily I stoned the fish so sharks did not get a snack and my spear did not get bent. Thanks to @coatesmans for putting us on the fish🙏.
55:30 What are the next trips you’ve got planned this year?
- Latham Islands off the coast of Tanzania
- New Zealand – 3 Kings Islands
Follow the boys on Instagram here
These spearfishing retailers now have 99 Tips in stock!! (does your retailer have it!)
- Adreno – Brisbane. 56 Deshon St, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- Adreno – Melbourne. 1184 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham VIC 3192
- Adreno – Sydney. 1/678-682 Botany Rd, Alexandria NSW 2015
- Adreno – Perth. 2C / 376 South St, O’Connor, WA, 6163
- Spearfishing Superstore – Cairns. 303-305 Draper St, Parramatta Park QLD 4870
- The Dive Shop – Port Lincoln. 4 S Quay Blvd, Port Lincoln SA 5606
- Frogdive – Willoughby. 539 Willoughby Rd, NSW 2068
- Spear and Fish Downunder – Newcastle. 990 Hunter street. Newcastle, NSW 2302
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trialhere. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing or James Nestors ‘Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science, and what the ocean tells us about ourselves’ free
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world. Email email@example.com for a super deal for downunder spearos (Australia/New Zealand/South Africa)
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here. Check out the latest in spearfishing fin technology
Sign up for ‘The Floater’ – Shrek and Turbo’s email newsletter here
Join the Noob Spearo Community on Facebook