Interview with Duncan Henderson
Big chat with final year, mechanical engineering student Duncan Henderson who has spent way too long geeking out on spearguns – you’ll see what I mean. We chat shaft length, diameter preferences, rubber diameter (the force triangle) along with common speargun issues. Duncan also relives three terrible poo stories and a memorable Yellowtail Kingfish. Enjoy!
- 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing on Amazon (Softcover)
- 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing Illustrated PDF
- Find Duncan Henderson on Instagram here @speargun_engineering
04:35 Duncan Henderson Intro and Welcome
10:00 A memorable Yellowtail Kingfish off Castlepoint, New Zealand
29:00 Veterans Vault
- Band Diameter (14mm vs 20mm), what is better and why?
- How much load can a speargun mechanism take?
- Shaft diameter and length. What combinations/rules of thumb are important?
- Common issues to look out for when purchasing a speargun
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
- 28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
- Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
- Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
- Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
- View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.