Interview with Duncan Henderson
Big chat with final year, mechanical engineering student Duncan Henderson who has spent way too long geeking out on spearguns – you’ll see what I mean. We chat shaft length, diameter preferences, rubber diameter (the force triangle) along with common speargun issues. Duncan also relives three terrible poo stories and a memorable Yellowtail Kingfish. Enjoy!
Listen & subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Castbox | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
- 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing on Amazon (Softcover)
- 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing Illustrated PDF
- Find Duncan Henderson on Instagram here @speargun_engineering
04:35 Duncan Henderson Intro and Welcome
10:00 A memorable Yellowtail Kingfish off Castlepoint, New Zealand
29:00 Veterans Vault
- Band Diameter (14mm vs 20mm), what is better and why?
- How much load can a speargun mechanism take?
- Shaft diameter and length. What combinations/rules of thumb are important?
- Common issues to look out for when purchasing a speargun
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
Immersion Online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.
28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.