Interview with SCORKL founder David Hallamore & Ninepin Wetsuits Luke Growney
This episode is a double episode with two Melbourne based entrepreneurs, David Hallamore from the highly successful crowdfunding SCORKL campaign and Luke Growney the owner operator of Ninepin Wetsuits. I caught up with David in an inner city Melbourne pub and learn about the SCORKL journey so far. The same day I had a full day spearfishing outside Port Phillip bay with Luke Growney and we catch up in his backyard with a few brews. This episode (and Melbourne trip) were fully funded by Patron listeners! Thanks legends:)
3:30 Scorkle Founder David Hallamore intro
5:30 What is Scorkle?
8:00 Risks | What are they and how do you use Scorkl safely?
13:00 Who is it for?
22:00 The Scorkl Journey
31:50 Find Scorkl here
Check out Scorkl on YouTube here
37:50 Luke Growney a Melbourne Days Diving
41:00 Lukes story getting into spearfishing
43:00 Ninepin Freediving Suits Story. Find Ninepin Spearfishing suits here
47:40 What equipment struggles did you have starting out?
53:20 Some Boating Electronics Tips: Using Gain
56:30 Scariest moment and takeaways
57:40 Scrounging for scallops, oysters and mussels
62:00 What is your favourite thing about spearfishing?
62:45 Funny Moments
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
Immersion Online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.ImmersionFreediving.com
- 28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
- Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
- Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
- Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
- View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.ImmersionFreediving.com