Noob Spearo Ultimate Guide’s
Freediving for Spearfishing
“You just hold your breath and go shoot a fish don’t you……?”
Um… yeah… kind of.
Holding your breath for spearfishing isn’t a skill that comes naturally and even the very best divers are still trying to improve. Most of the time it comes down to relaxation, understanding your body and grading your expectations (that sounds sh#t though doesn’t it?)
The freediving side of spearfishing might be a lifelong pursuit but the good news is that hunting within the breath-hold you currently have can be done effectively while you continue to improve your freedive ability.
Fortunately the Noob Spearo have put together all of the best Podcasts, Blog posts and resources to help you in your freedive spearfishing journey. Enjoy!
- Training, Resources & Knowledge
- Freediving and Spearfishing Courses
- Shallow Water Blackout, Samba & Drowning + Injuries and Accidents
- Equalizing Issues
- Improve your breathhold and more in NSP:034 101 Freediving for Spearfishing
- FREE freediving safety course info in NSP:096 Ted Harty | Return of the Jedi + Freedive Safety Course
- Adam Stern on EVERYTHING freediving for spearfishing – NSP:116 Adam Freediver Stern | Equalizing Masterclass
- Jaap Verbaas on going Longer and Deeper in NSP:095 Jaap Verbaas | Myoglobin, Hypoxic Squats and Going Longer and Deeper
- Underwater Hockey, a training tool for spearfishing in NSP:026 Sean Hartley Underwater Hockey Ambassador
- Dry Training in NSP:088 Dry Training for Spearfishing + Cris Dillon Spearjunkies Update
- Wayne Judge on Pool Spearfishing Training (27:40) in NSP:087 Wayne Judge Sperfishing Training
- Dry Training for Spearfishing
- Pool Training for Spearfishing
- Dealing with pressure and learning to dive past 20 Meters (60ft) in Spearfishing at 20 metres – Part 1
- If you want to spend longer on the bottom and increase your dive time then there’s at least one tip in here for you! 6 Actionable Tips to Improve Your Bottom Time
- Spearfishing Deep with Brandon Hendrickson
- Shallow water blackout and FAQ about freediving courses with Andrew Quincoses in NSP:020 Andrew Quincoses, Nautilus Spearfishing
- NSP:111 I Dive Alone
- Spearfishing and anxiety in NSP:099 Tim Kavermann How Spearfishing Can Help You Overcome Anxiety
- First aid for spearfishing in NSP:089 Sam Blount Front Line Freediving | Spearfishing First Aid
- Equalizing – podcast interview with Ted Harty! NSP:042 Ted Harty Equalizing Ninja from Immersion Freediving
- Deep Equalizing Q&A with Adam Stern | NSP:148 How to Increase Breath Hold
Ultimate Guide's Resources
A Guide to Dry Training for Spearfishing How can I increase my breath-hold for spearfishing? Dry training for spearfishing can help you to increase your breath-hold when you consistently practice. When done correctly, dry training exercises can help you to...
Brandon Hendrickson is known throughout the spearfishing world for his expeditions and the big fish he shoots on these expeditions. What many people don't know is his ability and passion for spearfishing deep and just how quickly he improved his ability for...
Interview with Erez Beatus Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean In this interview we learn why freediving courses are essential for spearo's Erez Beatus from Apnea Australia joins us...
6 Tips To Increase Bottom Time Here are some actionable tips to increase your bottom time. Don't try to implement everything at once, focus on one or possibly two tips at a time. Get each technique dialed in before moving on. If you have some tips of your own, share...
Interview with Ted Harty Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean In this interview with Immersion Freediving Instructor Ted Harty we do a deepdive into equalizing. Ted also shares a bulletproof...
101 Freediving For Spearfishing with Pete Ryder Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean This episode is a nuts and bolts 101 freediving for spearfishing interview with Pete Ryder from...
Interview with Sean Hartley Underwater Hockey A Complimentary Sport for Maintaining Spearfishing Fitness Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean A school teacher by day and a rampant 'frothing...
Interview with Andrew Quincoses Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Andrew Quincoses is a freediving instructor with 6 years experience teaching and over 15 years experience spearfishing....
Understanding what is happening to your body spearfishing at 20 metres - Part 1 Before I start I told the Noob Spearo guys that I would keep this article as simple as possible. This article will cover the most important subjects that I believe any freediver or a...
Spearfishing and Lung Squeezes by Wayne Judge Disclaimer - Wayne Judge is an experienced and respected spearo and freediver however this article about Spearfishing Lung Squeeze is written to raise awareness and not to take...