Noob Spearo Ultimate Guide’s
Freediving for Spearfishing
“You just hold your breath and go shoot a fish don’t you……?”
Um… yeah… kind of.
Holding your breath for spearfishing isn’t a skill that comes naturally and even the very best divers are still trying to improve. Most of the time it comes down to relaxation, understanding your body and grading your expectations (that sounds sh#t though doesn’t it?)
The freediving side of spearfishing might be a lifelong pursuit but the good news is that hunting within the breath-hold you currently have can be done effectively while you continue to improve your freedive ability.
Fortunately the Noob Spearo have put together all of the best Podcasts, Blog posts and resources to help you in your freedive spearfishing journey. Enjoy!
- Training, Resources & Knowledge
- Freediving and Spearfishing Courses
- Shallow Water Blackout, Samba & Drowning + Injuries and Accidents
- Equalizing Issues
- Improve your breathhold and more in NSP:034 101 Freediving for Spearfishing
- FREE freediving safety course info in NSP:096 Ted Harty | Return of the Jedi + Freedive Safety Course
- Adam Stern on EVERYTHING freediving for spearfishing – NSP:116 Adam Freediver Stern | Equalizing Masterclass
- Jaap Verbaas on going Longer and Deeper in NSP:095 Jaap Verbaas | Myoglobin, Hypoxic Squats and Going Longer and Deeper
- Underwater Hockey, a training tool for spearfishing in NSP:026 Sean Hartley Underwater Hockey Ambassador
- Dry Training in NSP:088 Dry Training for Spearfishing + Cris Dillon Spearjunkies Update
- Wayne Judge on Pool Spearfishing Training (27:40) in NSP:087 Wayne Judge Sperfishing Training
- Dry Training for Spearfishing
- Pool Training for Spearfishing
- Dealing with pressure and learning to dive past 20 Meters (60ft) in Spearfishing at 20 metres – Part 1
- If you want to spend longer on the bottom and increase your dive time then there’s at least one tip in here for you! 6 Actionable Tips to Improve Your Bottom Time
- Spearfishing Deep with Brandon Hendrickson
- Erez Beatus: why every spearo should do a freediving course – NSP:061 Erez Beatus Apnea Australia Founder
- We are running Spearfishing Courses in Brisbane now! Check out our upcoming courses and trips at https://spearfishingcourses.com.au/
- Shallow water blackout and FAQ about freediving courses with Andrew Quincoses in NSP:020 Andrew Quincoses, Nautilus Spearfishing
- NSP:111 I Dive Alone
- Spearfishing and anxiety in NSP:099 Tim Kavermann How Spearfishing Can Help You Overcome Anxiety
- First aid for spearfishing in NSP:089 Sam Blount Front Line Freediving | Spearfishing First Aid
- Equalizing – podcast interview with Ted Harty! NSP:042 Ted Harty Equalizing Ninja from Immersion Freediving
- Deep Equalizing Q&A with Adam Stern | NSP:148 How to Increase Breath Hold
Ultimate Guide's Resources
Training for Spearfishing - by Wayne Judge "I have heard it said that the best training for spearfishing is spearfishing. If that is the case you would need to go spearfishing 3 times a week to get any real lasting gain" If the best training for football was a...