Noob Spearo Ultimate Guide’s
Spearfishing Gear is it’s own massive subject to learn AND…
It’s very subjective and specific to your diving environment and target species. With that said though, here is a massive (and growing) list of popular blog posts and podcast episodes about specific facets of spearfishing equipment. Check it out.
- Vault (ff to 46 minute mark). Speargun rubber (reactive vs progressive), tuning a flopper, roller spearguns, dyneema vs monofilament + more
- Spearfishing equipment maintenance with Travis Corken from Neptonics Australia
- 101 Beginner Spearfishing Setup. From your speargun to the float, what you need to know getting started spearfishing
- Pneumatic Spearguns with Grant Laidlaw. Fairly comprehensive veterans vault covering all the pro’s and con’s of these poorly understood spearguns.
- NSP:123 DIY Wooden Speargun 101 | Ed Martin
- NSP:108 Duncan Henderson Geeking out on Spearguns
- How to Save Money Spearfishing | NSP:154 Tight Arse Spearo with Trevor Ketchion
- Tourniquets for Spearfishing | NSP:149 Eric Anderson on Sharks and Tourniquet Use (VIDEO)
- Interview With Emanuel Bova founder of MannySub, the company to introduce the Roller Speargun to many countries
- Roller Spearguns First Impressions (Part 1) – Overcoming the common issues with changing from the conventional Speargun to a Roller
- Roller Spearguns First Impressions (Part 2) – Tips, technique and the advantages of the Roller Speargun
- DIY Roller Speargun Conversion Guide – video along with step by step instructions
Ultimate Guide's Resources
NSP:123 DIY Wooden Speargun 101 | Ed Martin
The Timber Speargun Build Episode From concept to shooting fish with Ed Martin from Killshot Spearguns Download this episode on your iOS or Android APP here Important Times 03:30 Ed Martin from Killshot Spearguns Introduction and all about the Florida Keys (his store...
NSP:108 Duncan Henderson Geeking out on Spearguns
Interview with Duncan Henderson Big chat with final year, mechanical engineering student Duncan Henderson who has spent way too long geeking out on spearguns - you'll see what I mean. We chat shaft length, diameter preferences, rubber diameter (the force triangle)...
NSP:045 Grant Laidlaw Scotland Spearfishing and Pneumatic Spearguns
Spearfishing in Scotland? Pneumatic Spearguns? Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Thats right! Listen into this interview with Grant Laidlaw, a proper kilt wearing, Mcewan's lager drinking...
Spearfishing Mask and Snorkel
Selecting the right mask and snorkel for spearfishing The spearfishing mask gives you the ability to see underwater which is vital for spearfishing but not all spearfishing masks are created equal and what is considered desirable by SCUBA divers is not desirable for...
Spearfishing Gear, Spearfishing Fins
Spearfishing Fins A good pair of spearfishing fins need to be tough, reactive and comfortable. Spearo's don't do a single P.B dive for the day in a controlled environment and call it quits for the day like freedivers do. They dive all day in amongst the reef and...
NSP:036 Travis Corken Neptonics Australia
Travis Corken Bluewater Spearfishing Equipment Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Bluewater Spearfishing Equipment Episode In this interview with Travis Corken Neptonics Australia...
NSP:035 Emanuel Bova from MannySub Spearfishing Equipment
Emanuel Bova from MannySub Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Emanuel Bova is competing this year in the Australian team that is going to Greece in the next few weeks. Get behind the...
DIY Roller Speargun – Fitting a Roller Power Head
DIY Roller Speargun. Guide to converting your Gun. #Video of the entire DIY Roller Speargun conversion process at the bottom So, there you have it, a converted 1.2m Rob Allen...
Manny Sub Roller Power Head Conversion First Impressions Part 2
So I thought I’d add a part two to my Roller Power Head conversion post. In the first article I covered what’s in the box when you buy the Manny Sub Roller Power Head conversion kit. And yes I was extremely impressed with the design and quality of everything...
Manny Sub Roller Power Head conversion first Impressions. Part 1
Manny Sub Roller Power Head conversion first impressions So I've finally done it, I've gone roller. After interviewing Emmanuel Bova from Manny Sub and shooting my mate Champ's roller gun it was time to give it a go. So here are my first impressions after...