Noob Spearo Ultimate Guide’s
Spearfishing Gear is it’s own massive subject to learn AND…
It’s very subjective and specific to your diving environment and target species. With that said though, here is a massive (and growing) list of popular blog posts and podcast episodes about specific facets of spearfishing equipment. Check it out.
- Vault (ff to 46 minute mark). Speargun rubber (reactive vs progressive), tuning a flopper, roller spearguns, dyneema vs monofilament + more
- Spearfishing equipment maintenance with Travis Corken from Neptonics Australia
- 101 Beginner Spearfishing Setup. From your speargun to the float, what you need to know getting started spearfishing
- Pneumatic Spearguns with Grant Laidlaw. Fairly comprehensive veterans vault covering all the pro’s and con’s of these poorly understood spearguns.
- NSP:123 DIY Wooden Speargun 101 | Ed Martin
- NSP:108 Duncan Henderson Geeking out on Spearguns
- How to Save Money Spearfishing | NSP:154 Tight Arse Spearo with Trevor Ketchion
- Tourniquets for Spearfishing | NSP:149 Eric Anderson on Sharks and Tourniquet Use (VIDEO)
- Interview With Emanuel Bova founder of MannySub, the company to introduce the Roller Speargun to many countries
- Roller Spearguns First Impressions (Part 1) – Overcoming the common issues with changing from the conventional Speargun to a Roller
- Roller Spearguns First Impressions (Part 2) – Tips, technique and the advantages of the Roller Speargun
- DIY Roller Speargun Conversion Guide – video along with step by step instructions
Ultimate Guide's Resources
NSP:031 101 Spearfishing Beginner Setup
101 Spearfishing Beginner Setup Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean This episode covers an overview of the basic spearfishing beginner setup. We cover the speargun, rigline, speed spike,...
NSP:017 Daniel Mann, Mann-Made Spearguns and SDM Films contributor
Interview with Daniel Mann Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Daniel Mann started spearfishing 10 years ago and in that time he has seen more fish than lots of us will ever see. From...
Pole Spears | Why I Said No
Reasons Why I've Bailed on the Pole Spear for Spearfishing I have followed along closely watching Turbo go through his pole spear phase. I've listened to a bunch of spearos from all over the world esteem the merits of the pole spear. The hunting adaptation that using...