Noob Spearo Ultimate Guide’s
Target Spearfishing Species
This is a collection of the best articles and podcasts for targeting specific species spearfishing. For every new species that a spearo would like to hunt he/she must first learn to find a location that holds the fish, identifying the species above and below the water is next and then working out the best approach to hunt the fish.
This post should give you some ideas into hunting specific species successfully!
- Deep Reef Hunting Technique with Ryan Myers
- Transferable Skills from Line Fishing to Spearfishing with Jack Strickland and Aaron Gallager
- Learning and mastering a species in Spearfishing with 7x New Zealand champion Dwayne Herbert
- Mulloway Masterclass, hunting the infamous Jewfish with Louie Van Senden
- Snapper Snooping with Luke Potts
- White Mussel Cracker with Niall Cameron
- Barramundi, Pearl Perch and Green Jobfish with Tim McDonald
- Nor California Species with Jim Russell
- Month of Mackerel Comprehensive Guide with interviews, articles and more.
- Striped Bass with David Hochman Blog
- Targeting Ling Cod
- Targeting Green Jobfish
- Targeting Barramundi
- Targeting Pearl Perch
- Targeting Striped Bass
- Targeting Pelagic species like Wahoo, Dogtooth Tuna and Yellowfin Tuna
- Targeting Blackspot Tuskfish
Ultimate Guide's Resources
Interview with Dwayne Herbert Kiwi Spearfishing Champion Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean It was a pleasure to interview Dwayne Herbert the 7 time New Zealand Spearfishing and 1 time...
Louie Van Senden, spearfishing writer and drystore co-founder Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean In this interview with Louie Van Senden we go deep into finding and hunting the Australian...
Our Guide to Spearfishing Spanish Mackerel the Summary for Month of Mackerel Narrow Barred Spanish Mackerel. Different names in different places. Here is a brief list of names for Spanish Mackerel. See one missing? Put it in the comments! South Africa: King...
Luke Potts, Aquatic Rehab TV cinematographer Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean Luke Potts is a talented kiwi cinematographer and spearo. With his laid back down to earth style and his...