Interview with Simon Trippe
Better late than never…
A much requested round 2 chat with Simon Trippe following our first chat all the way back in episode 1 (listen here). Simon is one of the most passionate and influential spearos in Australian Spearfishing and so it was great to reconnect with him and hear about; coral sea adventures chasing Dogtooth Tuna, his thoughts on the proposed Hawkesbury Marine Park and learn more about spearfishing in Sydney. Listen in:)
- Iki Jime Article
- Caring for Your Catch Podcast Episode
- Jaga Crossingham Bluewater Hunting Episode
- Frenzal Equalizing Course by Ted Harty
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Luke Potts
- Drawing the Line Documentary
- Noob Spearo on Patreon
6:00 Simon Trippe Catch-Up. Coral Sea spearfishing charters and dogtooth tuna advice
16:45 Hawkesbury Marine Parks
42:50 Spearfishing in Sydney. Species to target, Spots to explore and conditions
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
- 28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
- Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
- Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
- Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
- View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.