Interview with Simon Trippe
Better late than never…
A much requested round 2 chat with Simon Trippe following our first chat all the way back in episode 1 (listen here). Simon is one of the most passionate and influential spearos in Australian Spearfishing and so it was great to reconnect with him and hear about; coral sea adventures chasing Dogtooth Tuna, his thoughts on the proposed Hawkesbury Marine Park and learn more about spearfishing in Sydney. Listen in:)
- Iki Jime Article
- Caring for Your Catch Podcast Episode
- Jaga Crossingham Bluewater Hunting Episode
- Frenzal Equalizing Course by Ted Harty
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Luke Potts
- Drawing the Line Documentary
- Noob Spearo on Patreon
6:00 Simon Trippe Catch-Up. Coral Sea spearfishing charters and dogtooth tuna advice
16:45 Hawkesbury Marine Parks
42:50 Spearfishing in Sydney. Species to target, Spots to explore and conditions
Noob Spearo Partners + some spearfishing discounts
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30 day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world.
- Penetrator Fins Use the code noobspearo to save $20 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- How to Spearfish Video Series with Aquatic Rehab TV: use the code NOOBPEARO to save!
- Spearo Log available on Amazon here
28-day Freediving Transformation. Want to increase your bottom time? Want to lower your comfortable operating depth? Want to increase your breath hold? In 4 weeks you can transform your physiology to improve your performance as a freediver. Learn the proven strategies competitive freedivers use to strengthen their performance.
Equalization Masterclass. If you are freediver who struggles to equalize your ears in the 15-30 ft range this course is the answer. 14 videos discuss every equalizing problem and coach you through the difficulty. Say goodbye to Valsalva and hello to Frenzal and make equalizing easy.
Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving. 19 one hour live Instagram episodes where I discuss a variety of freediving topics and answer peoples question live on Instagram.
Free online courses – How to take a 20-30% bigger breath and how to make the mammalian dive reflex work for you. www.FreedivingSafety.com – Free online safety resource.
View all of Ted’s online freediving classes @ www.onlineclasses.