Spearfishing Buddy Protocol
Listen and subscribe to the Noob Spearo Podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podbean
Episode covering buddy basic’s for spearfishing
*This episode is heavily based off this blog post by Turbo.
The reasons to have a clear spearfishing buddy protocol are multitude;
- Your mate could save your life in the event of blackout
- You could save your mates life in the event of blackout
- You land more fish (more fish in the cooler/esky/chilli bin). Second shots etc
- You can relax more knowing someones got your back
- Increased visibility – boats and other ocean users can see you easier
- You enjoy each others success (high five times)
- You learn your buddies habits and learn more
- More! Put your own ideas in the comments:)
This Spearfishing Buddy Protocol episode is proudly brought to you in partnership with …
Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
Just for listeners of the Noob Spearo Podcast!
Comprehensive range of spearfishing equipment, cheap shipping and competitive prices head to www.spearfishing.com.au.
Support the Noob Spearo Podcast by shopping with our sponsor!
Visit their stores in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney and get advice from a team of more than 40 underwater experts.
Check out Staunch Industries here and buy your next shirt from real people!
Turbo and I just had some shirts and gear rock up in the mail and its all I’ll be wearing for the next few months! Love their brand and designs. If you shop at Target and you’re a spearo/waterman give yourself an uppercut and check out Staunch Industries here instead.
Save $20 on your next set of fins with Penetrator
- USE noobspearo at checkout here to save $20:)
- $25 International Shipping on blades
- Full international warranty
Check out carbon fins here or composite spearfishing fins here
or take a look at the Noob Spearo custom designed fins here
Online Video Training Programs to improve your spearfishing
Turbos choice ‘the 5 Minute Freediver’.
This is a dry training course that will help you get your breathhold to 5 minutes. Very effective daily training following prescribed tables that progressively become more difficult.
Who is this for?
- Experienced spearo’s who are training up for a trip.
- Experienced spearo’s who dont get out to the ocean as much as they would like.
- Experienced spearo’s interested in following a program proven to deliver increased freediving fitness.
If you stick to the program and put in the work your body will thank you next time you head out. Try out the program for free here. If you do decide to purchase use the code NOOBSPEARO to save 20%
Join Turbo in February as he starts the program again!
Also mentioned in the show was the 10m (30ft) Freediver – a program designed to give learners the fundamentals to begin their freediving journey and get you down to 10meters. Check it out for free here and if you decide to purchase use the code NOOBSPEARO to save 20%
If you enjoyed this interview then listen to;
- Ted Harty from Immersion Freediving as he lays out some great tips for buddy protocol along with equalizing q&a and more. This interview has the most practical tips in it for actually sticking with your buddy – all day.
- Andrew Quincoses from Nautilus Spearfishing walks us through the basics of conducting a shallow water blackout recovery.
As always if you enjoyed the show leave us an honest review wherever you listen!