101 Spearfishing with Sharks. Tips, Stories, Wisdom and more
This is a 3 part interview talking about the hazards of spearfishing with sharks.
The first section kicks off with Turbo interviewing Mitchell Marriott, a Brisbane local spearfisherman who had his first scare with a 3m shark and wanted to learn more about spearfishing with sharks. Second interview is with one of my good Twitter buddies Rene Nel, @diverene who joins us all the way from South Africa where he recently experienced a severe Great White Shark attack while spearfishing close to Capetown. Rounding out the interview with just a good solid overview and some very practical ideas is local legend Trevor Ketchion. If you’d like to hear more from Trev listen to our interview with him here or join him on the Submerged Pscho’s Facebook page where you will find some of the best spearfishing videos ever.
Whenever you tell someone that you go spearfishing the inevitable question is “but don’t you see lots of sharks?”. The short answer (depending on whether or not you’re speaking to attractive ladies in a bar” is that yes, sometimes we do. Most of us at some stage do see shanrks and so it’s a good idea to learn about how to deal with shark issues while spear fishing. Listen into this episode for a good overview of this issue. Leave your comments down below!
This Noob Spearo Podcast episode is proudly brought to you in partnership with …
Use the discount code NOOBSPEARO to save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout.
Just for listeners of the Noob Spearo Podcast!
- Massive stocks of spearfishing equipment, the home of cheap shipping and competitive prices. Head to www.spearfishing.com.au.
- Support the Noob Spearo Podcast by shopping with our sponsors!
- Visit their stores in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney and get advice from a team of more than 40 underwater experts.
- Trevor Ketchion also works locally at the Adreno Brisbane store.
Check out Adreno’s video for learning about sharks here
Spearing Magazine come aboard!!
- Sharing your spearfishing adventures from all corners of the globe! Learn how to contribute here
- Some of the best spearfishing photography, stories and deals available anywhere
- Check out the subscription deals herehere (includes digital delivery)
If you are in Australia/New Zealand/South Africa get the entire back catalog for $60USD – thats 16 magazines! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get it
Penetrator Fins – Proud partners of the Noob Spearo Podcast
- USE the discount code NOOBSPEARO at checkout to save $20:)
- $25 International shipping on blades
- Full international warranty
Improve your bottom time with penetratorfins.com
or take a look at the Noob Spearo custom designed fins here