99 tips to get better at spearfishing is going to print! That’s right we are making a fully illustrated version of our book and we are giving you a chance to be a part of it. What we need are great photos to go in the book on a range of topics. All you have to do is check the list below, go through your archives or get creative and email me, [email protected] with your pics. In return if your pics are selected to go in the book you’ll be featured in the book with full photo credit, go on our “thankyou page” and score yourself a free copy hot off the press.
So here’s the list and don’t be afraid to get creative!
- NZ Boarfish
- Dusting or scratching, A picture of a diver throwing up sand or making noise with rocks underwater
- Newspaper Burley, A picture displaying newspaper being shredded in the water column as burly
- Flashers, Picture of a flasher and/or a flasher being used in the water
- Burley, anything burly, burly bags, burly drifting through the water column, cutting up burly
- Leg cramp fin stretch, a diver holding their fin and relieving cramp.
- Equalising, A diver pinching their nose on descent
- Spearfishing club event
- freedive stretching and breathing
- Winding on the line of a gun reel, neat vs messy
- Good and bad shot placement, head shot, holding shot etc
- First aid kit
- Floatlines, Diver underwater using a floatline, tangled floatline
- Gun, floatline, float set up
- Fish in ice slurry
- Iki jime, dive knife in the brain of the fish
- Pole spear, using a pole spear
- go pro, thumbs up thumbs down
- shore diving entry and exit points
- Stealthy hunting techniques/muffling noise on the gun etc
- diver hunting on the bottom
- Landmark alignment. Aligning 2 or more points in line from the water
- Approaching fish in bluewater
- Bluewater teamwork, ie one on the gun, one on the flasher etc.
- A boatie
So that’s the list. If you think you can help us out send in your pics. We can’t wait to see them! Submissions will close on the 04/03/2017.