The Great Debate on Dock of Death/Death Pile Pictures
Huge discussion on the phenomena on Social Media of pictures and videos with huge piles of dead fish. Often there are reasons for these piles of fish like providing for your family or community or it could be your source of income, or it might even be the result of a long day or weekend full of hard work spearing with your mates. Whatever the reason, often times on social media the context of a post can so easily be lost, so a proud picture of a long day of hard work trying to feed your family can turn into a what looks like a senseless killing spree. Other times these pictures are taken on purpose to show the sheer volume of fish that they caught. Is this right or wrong? Should pictures of Death Piles be posted? Yes? No? Why or why not?
Bit of a different episode today but join us as we dive into this with Shrek and Simon Trippe as they chat about the so called Death Pile/Dock of Death Phenomenon. Full of interviews with spearos from around the world, this is definitely some food for thought, whichever side you’re on!
We hope you enjoy and make sure that you leave us your thoughts and comments!
Listen in and subscribe on iOS or Android https://link.chtbl.com/Download_This_Episode
02:00 Simon Trippe Introduction and Quick Catch-Up
06:00 What is a Death Pile or Dock of Death photo?
09:20 Interviews with people about Death Pile/Dock of Death pics
20:00 Commentary on the interview with Simon Trippe
33:00 Rhys Clay Voicemail | Sunny Coast, Australia Spearo
38:00 Greg Rothaus Voicemail | Californian/Baja Spearo
43:00 Adam Bassir Voicemail | Sydney, Australia Spearo
47:30 Ben Choi Voicemail | Floridian Spearo
56:00 Nicholas Zajicek Voicemail | So Cal Spearo
62:40 Eric Anderson Voicemail | Cen Cal Spearo
68:30 Ryan Rush Voicemail | Floridian Spearo
76:00 Jesse Voicemail | Australian Spearo
86:00 Eric Keener Interview | Fin and Forage Founder | Cal Spearo
96:00 Ed Martin Voicemail | Killshot Spearguns | Floridian Spearo
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes
- Adreno Spearfishing – Buy your spearfishing equipment here. Use the code NOOBSPEARO save $20 on every purchase over $200 at checkout – Flat shipping rate, especially in AUS!
- Neptonics Spearfishing and Freediving – Use the code NOOB10 to save 10% off anything store-wide. Free Shipping on USA orders over $99
- KillShot Spearguns | Simple, Effective, Dependable Wooden Spearguns. Use the Code NOOB to save $30 on any speargun:)
- Penetrator Fins Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $25 on the full Penetrator Spearfishing Fin Range here.
- Immersion Online freediving classes | 28-day Freediving Transformation (CODE: NOOB28 for 15% off) | Equalization Masterclass – Roadmap to Frenzel | Free Courses | Freediving Safety Course | How to Take a 25-30% Bigger Breath!
- How To Freedive | The 5 minute Freediver | Break the 10 Meter Barrier – Use the code NOOBSPEARO to save $
- Noob Spearo MAD GEAR | ‘Spearo Dad’ | ‘Girls with Gills’ | ‘Jobfish Tribute’
- Spearing Magazine Subscribe to the best spearfishing magazine in the world. International subscription available!
- Audible.com Get a free audiobook along with a 30-day trial here. Listen to 99 Tips to Get Better at Spearfishing